Sunday, April 13, 2008

Doctor Who: more zombies

This week, they were stone zombies who can see into the future (in a limited way). And the moral quandary was the standard Time-Lord-changing-the-past/Gallifrey problem. (I have previously discussed the recurring Doctor Who theme of zombies, which I first heard about here.) Once again, the Doctor is linked to an enormous human catastrophe. When will he cause Chernobyl?

I'm disappointed that this episode was so predictable. It felt like filler. But filler for episode two? It's too early in the season! I want to go back to Earth and find out about Rose -- how did she get back, is it the same Rose, will we be hearing from Captain Jack, what is Martha up to?

But from previews, I know that the next episode is about the Ood, which could be good but (unfortunately) also has a strong tinge of zombies.

No comments: