Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Gmail autopilot

As more and more everyday communication takes place over email, lots of people have complained about how hard it is to read and respond to every message. This is because they actually read and respond to all their messages.
I don't actually read and respond to all my messages, though I do maintain inbox zero, mostly by either replying right away or failing fast. I welcome Google Autopilot! -- an automatic system that can read and reply to my emails and gchats, leaving me free to bumble about in a non-electronic existence. This feature was created by CADIE, Google's new post-singularity intelligence.

From the FAQ:

What happens if a sender and recipient both have Autopilot on?

Two Gmail accounts can happily converse with each other for up to three messages each. Beyond that, our experiments have shown a significant decline in the quality ranking of Autopilot's responses and further messages may commit you to dinner parties or baby namings in which you have no interest.

No comments: